Members of The Bembridge Heritage Society run the Heritage Centre located behind the library in the centre of the village.
The aims of the society are the collation of information on the rich heritage of the village and surrounding areas, and the education and promotion of the island's history.
This is done by maintaining the centre with displays and exhibitions, offering talks or film shows in the Village Hall, producing pamphlets, books and DVDs about the local history and reaching a wider audience with their own web site www.bembridgeheritage.org.uk
Displays - 2017
- On display is a restored PLUTO pump and many models made by members.
- There is also a restored Second World War pillbox in the area.
- Bembridge RNLI - history
- Bembrdige station and railway and "Carrier" cola transporter superb models
- History of Briten Norman - Cushion craft and famous Islander aricraft
- Bembridge seaplan history at the point
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS 2017
Events to be held in the Village Hall at 7:30pm unless stated otherwise.
|Tuesday 11th April||A film night with Melvyn Dennett|
|Saturday 20th May||Exhibition of Bembridge at War|
|Thrsdau 28th September||She was only a Lighthouse keeper's daughter|
|Thursday 26th October||TBA|
|Thursday 28th November||AGM - followed by a film show|
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday 11am - 3pm and
- Saturdays 11am – 1pm.
- Society members50p and visitors are charged at £1.00.