The main station building/stationmaster's house still stands although with some alterations. It is now a private residence. The platform is also extant but there is a high fence round the whole site and it can't be seen. It was intended that the station should open in May 1872 but an inspection before that date was unsatisfactory. Despite permission to open being refused, a service to Sandown started on 28th May 1872. This was maintained by the contractor but ceased by 27th July 1872. The authorised service began on 1st February 1875.
A goods yard consisting of a single siding was located to the west of the station.
Images courtesy of Nick Catford.